Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I think I'm starting to get it.

After an entire year of being a Heritage Maker, I think I am finally starting to get it. In the last week I made my first card, my first family fold and this morning just finished my first poster. My poster is the text of my great-great-great-great grandfather's patriarchal blessing. It is something that until this morning, sat in a filing cabinet, hardly read except for by the die-hard family history bugs in the family. Now, it can be displayed in my home for my children to see and made available to the descendants of Elisha Cragun at our HUGE family reunion next week.

You won't believe how happy this poster makes me. Words cannot express the power I feel as I read it and contemplate the promises that extend, even to me, four generations later. These promises strengthen my faith and help link me to my past in a way I can't even describe. This is something I would have never thought of doing if I wasn't a Heritage Maker.

This morning I am grateful and feeling that I am doing my part in preserving my family's history. It's a great feeling!

3 comments:

Amber said...

That is way cool!

Shelley said...

Way to go Deb. What a nice thing to have. I can picture it on the wall already. Do you have a photo of this ancestor you could hang next to it?

Channon said...

I love that book. So special